Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Word For Life


This is the condition of my old Bible haha! Except that there aren't that many pen markings all over. Even the cover and some pages of it are damaged and torn. I've changed to a Bible which cover looks like its made from my jeans :)

Looking back, I'm really thankful to God, for his Word really did sustain, guide, provide, refresh, bless, assure etc for me. Verses like Matthew 6:33, 1 John 4:7, Philippians 3:8, Philippians 1:6, Psalms 1:1-3, Romans 12:1-2, 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a, and Romans 8:37-39 and many others really stuck through with me as I delighted more and more on his Word.

Do memorize verses, meditate on them and engrave them in your hearts too. Especially those on God's amazing love, for the HS will speak through u powerfully through them in your daily life!

I've also read many many Christian Books and bought over 20+ books from Tecman since I was in NS!

LIVE Before You Die - Daniel Kolenda (Wake up to God's will for your life)

Life Without Limits - Nick Vujicic

The Me I Want To Be, Becoming God's Best Version Of You - John Ortberg (Good book for newer Christians)

Discerning the Will of God - Benny Ho

When Good Men Are Tempted - Bill Perkins

Grace - Max Lucado

Who Made God? & Answers to over 100 questions - Ravi Zacharias

Who Is This Man - John Ortberg (The Unpredictable Impact of the Inescapable Jesus)

The Holy Spirit - Billy Graham (Recommendation for those who want to know the HS more)

The Shack -  WM. Paul Young (Where Tragedy Confronts Eternity, Best-seller Fiction, had me close to tears once)

Loving People, How to Love & Be Loved - Dr. John Townsend

The Power of a Praying Teen - Stormie Omartian

Revealing Jesus Devotions - Darlene Zschech (Encouraging, Daily Bread, Points to Jesus)

Unmerited Favor - Joseph Prince

Screwtape Letters - CS. Lewis (Increase your awareness that the Devil can tempt you through 101 ways)

Desiring God - John Piper (Recommended, to delight in God & glorify God)

Be A People Person - John C. Maxwell

Crazy Love - Francis Chan

Destined To Reign - Joseph Prince (Recommended for those who want to experience more of God's grace)

Every Young Men's Battle - Steve Arterburn (Recommended for pursuit to Holiness)

Lead Me, Holy Spirit - Stormie Omartian

Beautiful Outlaw - John Eldredge (Highly recommended, brings the person of Jesus alive and deepen your r/s with Him)

Mere Christianity - CS. Lewis (Very wise)

The Grand Weaver - Ravi Zacharias

The Love Revolution - Joyce Meyer (Love acts, God pioneers through love)


If you want to read any of these, let me know! Haven't read some of these. Some of these are already borrowed and I'm also reading The Love Revolution along and doing Revealing Jesus Devotions currently!

----------


Also thankful for the presents I've received from my LG, my aunt & my grandma!

From my LG, they gave me a sneakers from Converse, which slogan is "Shoes are boring, wear sneakers!" LOL! & that is true for me as I don't have sneakers previously. The sneakers look good and it just so happened to be the perfect fit for my feet. They also gave me an awesome Chocolate Fudge Cake from Chocolate Origins.

My aunt and grandma gave me a bundle of stuff. My aunt gave me instant noodles, yakult and a shirt. My grandma gave me $200. I appreciate the things from my aunt for it shows her thoughtfulness, and even though she herself is in need, she gave to me. And my grandma's $200 is timely as I've been a little low on cash recently :)

My mum came and connected to the Teachers LG in 2nd service today! She was blessed by the panel sharings during service and the dinner fellowship with the LG. She is coming again next week to join them and may join the Mandarin congregation in the following week! Since next Saturday there is Father's Day service, I hope my dad will come along too! Pray for him to come yeah? :)

And for those of you coming for my 21st tomorrow, see you! :D

No comments: