Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Lamplight

This season hasn't easy for me. While I constantly know at the back of my mind that God is with me through it all, I was slowly keeping less in step with the Spirit. It is much easier to succumb, to be flooded by all the work, commitments and r/s, there's worries like in my r/s with my family, existing problems and my finances etc. Things have been getting quite hard to manage as I lagged behind even in some school work and I've not been getting enough rest. I've not been spending quality time with God very regularly and feel away from God's intimate love at times.

Along the road to my house, there is one street lamp that is spoilt, but I never took notice of it before. Last midnight as I trudged home with my heavy baggage and weariness after Uni-Y camp, I approached this spoilt lamp. Just before I passed it, it suddenly flared up and shone really brightly.. I wondered at this occurrence and took a photo. I believed it to be a sign that meant something, but the light went off suddenly after a while.


Tonight when I was reaching home, I was on my phone as I walked down this road to my house. Just when I approached this lamp(not realizing it was spoilt), it suddenly flared up really brightly again!! It shone much brighter than the rest again and I was stunned. As I marveled again, it reminded me of God's love. It felt as if God is saying to me,

"Even if it's dark, even if it's weary, even if you can't really see, I am Your light. I will shine for you, it is not just My Word that is a lamp unto you feet, I Myself will be Your light because I love you."

It reminded me of Ps Benny Ho's sermon too, where it is shared that people get burnt out in life when their motivation is doing good, getting achievements, fulfilling the great commission.. anything. The only thing that can keep them burning brightly is when they are driven by God's unchanging love.

And I just felt God's unchanging and relentless love through this small street lamp encounters. Though I may not be fully filled and rested in His love, and I may feel burnt out like that spoilt lamp, He will yet burn that lamp on brightly for me Himself, because He loves me.. He loves you too, and I pray that your life may be filled with it as you continue to look to Him in all things :)

No comments: