Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

R.I.P my PC



My Acer Desktop just died. It stayed with me for 5/6 years. The bookmarks, the pictures, and some documents are gone. But thank God, I just transferred some essentials like my music, videos and software to a portable hard drive last week. I'm temporarily using my mum's working laptop to post this and may not have convenient access to a computer for a while.

On Monday, when I was about to book into my base. I switched phones to my non-camera iNO 2. Just when I switched, I accidentally dropped my iNO from a knee-length height. The screen had a crack and the LED spoiled. I know I should have a screen protector but it's shocking that both the screen and LED can be damaged from that height, but well it dropped face flat. When I heard that the repair process will take about 2 weeks, my heart sank. Nevertheless, I went to the iNO service center. Though the repair cost is $80, they will not just repair it, but give me accessories like a free screen protector and new phone casing. The staff was real nice. He told me that I could rent a phone, but the phones were rented out. Then he checked again and found an iNO that I could rent. So now I am using it temporarily for 2 weeks. You may ask why I bother repairing for $80 when I'm going to ORD so soon. I did it because I don't have another non-camera phone and because I want to pass on my iNO 2 to one of my section mates who do not have a non-camera phone so that I can bless them.

On Tuesday, my EZ-link card was still working when I'm on the MRT home but spoiled when I changed to take a bus. Is it just me or are EZ-link cards easily spoiled? There are no dents to the card. But thank God that as I have a medical appointment on Thursday, I can also go to get a card replacement in the afternoon.

It's shocking that my phone spoiled on Monday, EZ-link card spoiled on Tuesday and my computer spoiled on Wednesday(Today). But I believe that yet, God still works for the good of those who love Him. And there is also a verse about being contented and being able to do all things through Christ. I want to understand that better as Paul does and be at peace. I'm already seeing his providence in the temporal phone I can rent, and being able to back up my imp* data just 1 week before the computer died. God also reminded me of Isaiah 43:18-19 just as I'm doing QT now, which says "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland."

Just over the past 3 weeks, my Church shared "Rest In Peace" series, which is to find rest in God through the significance of Sabbath, through coming to Jesus and through the eternal rest that awaits us. That inspired me to name my post "R.I.P my PC" haha. Really really thankful that I managed to get some documents out before my PC abruptly died. I won't be getting another desktop soon or may not be getting another at all. And it's almost time to ORD.

I pray that the 9 months leading up to Uni will be one that's fruitful, blessed, enriching and one that I'll draw even closer God and yield to his Will for me. For it is also said, God's rest enables me to do God's work. I can be rested when I'm doing His work because it is not in vain, and he works for the good of those who love Him :)

No comments: