Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

So... It's already 2015! WOOHOO :) And here, you can haz meow meow ^^


It'll be an exciting year, where I go to new life stations, meet new people, pick up new things, continue to steward what I have, love people, share the gospel and walk with Jesus through it all!

My last post was last year, and let's rewind back to Christmas Eve :) We had a NS Ministry Christmas Party at Ernest house, and thank God, many people came, including my first mentee Gan Qi, and Tjun Sern. During the party, our dinner was.. (Drum rollllllllllllllllll) Just Pizza! All guys style :P We had group games too, for the "I Have Never" Game, everyone has to do 10 push ups for each thing they did. It was pretty crazy since there were so many of us, but at least I sabo-ed many when I said "I have never ran 5km or more" (Not sure to be proud or not LOL). Before movie screening, Vincent did a short show and sharing on Christmas. It was great that everyone listened attentively, including the many visitors, as we appreciate what Jesus had done and prayed together. Some of us stayed over, and we watched part 1 of the LotR epic. I was the lone survivor who stayed up all the way and left to walk home at 7+ am; well at least my home was also in Lorong Chuan :P


After crashing my bed on Christmas morning, I got up late in the noon and went for a Christmas family gathering at my aunt's house. As far as I can remember, this is the first Christmas gathering in my extended family. Though we did not sing Carols or share about Jesus, it is a joy that we can come together for such an occasion. I pray that God will continue to move in my family :)


On the 26th morning, I met with some brothers from SEAL and we had brunch at a cafe at Cathay. The food was pricey, but it was good. I had my first Eggs Benedict too



Before the Brunch, I went with Daniel and Yi Yuan to Daiso. Daniel shopped for $10 worth of Christmas gift. And it was really funny, he got a dog toy, and a set of calligraphy tools including the ink stone. Well, we're all just a bunch of jokers and just guys. And that's why it's great that we could come together to share about how we have been, our LG and our lives. Kayue joined in later, and his back was injured from his soccer match. We prayed for him and by God's grace he got better! He had to limp, but after the prayer he didn't have to limp :)


There was also Friends Of Christ Concert at night! It was a concert with many local celebrities. They came together to sing and to share their testimonies. Their testimonies were really really personal and touching, they talked even about the challenges they faced from young, the health issues they had and more. Berlinda Lee even shared her testimony for the first time, to us and to her mum that was there. The singer duo voices were angelic and really ministering too. Only 3 celebrities shared their stories due to time and it was already 10pm. Even if the concert goes on to midnight, I wish I could hear the other stories too :')


The day before service, I met with Zheng Zhang who just joined our LG a month ago. He's in OCS but he even took time to come for LG and for the NS Christmas Party though he just booked out. We had a meal together and shared about how we came to know God. He was encouraged to respond to invite Jesus in his life personally during service's altar call the next day, though he already seeks God and read the Bible. He wants to make a personal response.

And during the service, the message was just so apt! It talked about Jesus coming onto Peter's boat and letting Peter experience a personal miracle, and even giving him a purpose. So during altar call, Zheng Zhang was really ready to respond haha. And as I was also praying for God to bless him, I envisioned his life to be like King David. Where though he was destined to be King, he was treated to be insignificant, persecuted and go through many hardships, yet having a heart after God and becoming the greatest king of Israel. God also spoke to me personally :) In my previous post I mentioned about the sermon "It's Already Written", and talked about how God's goodness and mercy will surely follow us all the days of our lives. It's something that I want to hold onto. Lo and behold, during Worship, a Word was given about this Psalms where David praises God as his shepherd, and says His Goodness and Mercy will surely follow him all the days of his life. It really warmed my heart, as it reminds me once again of how much God loves me and is with me, regardless of where I am.


It's New Year Eve, and I went out with my parents for dinner at Momoji. It's a really awesome Japanese buffet, and the variety was great :) They even had aburi salmon sushi, and their soba was good. As we reserved a table just before coming, we got this special circle table in a circle room. As we were in an enclosed room, I took the opportunity to ask for us to pray together. It was a joy that we could pray together and commit the New Year as a family. It was also then really unexpected, my mother mentioned about me playing games, so I brought up Ninjump Dash(A racing app game). My mum and dad actually went to download it and played a few rounds together. It was a stupid game, but we had laughs together. It was the first time we played games together too :)

Afterwhich, we were going to watch a movie together. So I booked tickets for Seventh Son at Nex for 8.20. There were strangely many seats available even though the movie was released today. We were late so we entered the cinema at 8.50. The commercials were still showing, then I realized that I booked the tickets for 1st Jan 2015 8.20pm.. :l Well, the staff didn't check when he tore our tickets too. Thank God he was also working tomorrow night, so we could just come and go in for the movie tomorrow without hassle.

I went to Robby's house for New Year Eve celebration at night. Initially, some friends couldn't come, but we all rushed down and celebrated the time together. We had fun playing Citadel and also talking about various stuff. We did not set up a fire this year.. But we took photos together and did the GINYU FORCE xD


On the 1st day of 2015, I had a gathering with my ex-LG peeps from SAJC. As I went to Shaun house early, I learned Duel Masters and we had lots of fun as it's pretty strategic. When the others came, we played many games including Citadel and Bridge. We also had pizza, chat and laughs together. I had to leave first to go for the movie that I accidentally booked to be today.. :( The rest also left to grab desserts outside. The 5 hours of meet up felt really short, let's meet up again soon! Preferably before Uni starts again! Oh, and when I went to watch the movie, one of the commercials featured an upcoming movie called "Shaun The Sheep"! LOL it's funny cuz Shaun was my sheep/mentee before NS and we just had a gathering together :)


Btw, the Seventh Son was a really bad movie. The characters aren't likable, the plot was very predictable and many things don't make sense and.. Bottom line is, only watch it if you want to see some mystic creatures and scenery.

Just yesterday, we had Project Sparkle where we interact with residents and help to clean their houses. The grandma was resting so she was tired. She was also feeling unwell, but she was still so hospitable. She talked with us and gave us green tea and sliced fruits to eat. She happened to be a Christian too! As the house was cleaner than mine, we finished in an hour. Thumbs up for job well done, and we also prayed for her wellness and health. We went to Block 7 to clean corridors and ended the time with a meal at Army Market. I hope the other residents and Project Sparkle volunteers were blessed through the time yesterday too :)


After the meal, I met with Douglas, Nicholas, Marvin and Jun Lin to go for NS Camp Worship Prep at Jun Lin's house at Admiralty. On the journey, some of us KO as we were tired, Jun Lin was still full of energy as he was singing all the way, but he was really hungry after that haha. Douglas was not just really tired, but unwell as well. He had severe Heatiness (even snorting out blood), fever a while back, migraine on one side of his head and accumulated sleep debt from NS duty and high keys. I was really tired too, as I rushed to help my mum to do a presentation till 5am the night before. But thank God for these brothers for this impromptu worship practice! They were more well-prepared in their roles than I was with the keyboard, but they still gathered for one more session before camp. We had a really fruitful session, with laughs, fellowship, worship and improvising. We also prayed for Douglas, and I felt a really tangible warmth on my hands that extended all the way to my elbows as we prayed. It was the first time that I feel such a sensation while praying for someone to receive healing. Douglas told us that his head was 60% healed and that phlegm kept coming out which also means he is recovering. Praise God :) I believe that God will bless our worship in camp!

It's just 4 more days to NS Camp! Really excited for it, and it also feels unreal that's its only a few days away, as it's been a while since I had a camp. Really excited for the many brothers that are joining, including new Year 1s; and for the upcoming ORD LG too :) Also starting Hope Sem Bible Study for the first time tomorrow, and with my mum too! My mum still needs much help in her business, and to help her, I need to step out a lot from my comfort to learn software, and do things that I've not tried. Despite financial problems, God's been blessing the StarArk Biz. So we can begin to market and sell this language E-learning product along with this new year! Will also start working after CNY and am excited for all that's in stored in this year with God. Have a blessed New Year too :)

No comments: