Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Emmanuel

A friend of mine shared about one nature of God that she came to experience throughout her Christian walk. As I read about it, I pondered on what that one would be for me, and I looked back into my journey with God till now. As I did, I am so awed. God is with me, Emmanuel!


And what really tipped me to post about this was this devotion that I read to end my day. The words by Charles Spurgeon beautifully resonated with my remembrance of God being with me, and it even encouraged and assured me of my future days with Him.


From when I cried out to God(even when I haven't became Christian) for a new start(in studies, r/s with ppl, attitude to school etc) in St. Gabs and miraculously transferred to Kuo Chuan(other applicants on waiting list + my results were bad)

to meeting Gan Qi(who was also my neighbouring COY BMT mate after coming back from HK for NS) & Shaun(who's also in the same JC, CCAs & in my current LG) in Kuo Chuan

to being placed in SAJC(motto "No one is here by chance") with Zuoen(Same OG) and Pei Da(Together since we came to Hope), and then meeting the warm SALG

to even the tutors(like Kelvin who is in Hope now) and people(like Tian Wei who's in my LG now) that I met in tuition

to my A levels & Uni(Unexpected results, able to pursue Biz which was my aspiration, and lead to go to SMU)

to PTP in BMT at J Coy with Caleb(a phase of growth and support both into NS and into NS Ministry)

to posting to PLAB with Robby & meeting brothers like Etienne, & also posting out just at a time before my mum & bro flew overseas for long-term work, & I cried out to God, so it just happened that I could spend more time with them

to the many times He spoke to me and lifted me up, to the healings I received, to moving in my family, my LG, my friends, to shining a double rainbow over my house when I felt unworthy, to letting me chance upon "Leading On Empty" book during a down period, to His Favor pouring out in this year, and so much more in between...

I'm in awed by you God :') I'm still stubborn at times, still stumbling, still lacking in faith, still prideful, still lazy at times, still... Yet you have always been with me, & so personally! Even when your ways are higher, you still spoke to me and assured me. Thank you for being with me surely, to the very end of the age Jesus :)

No comments: