Pages

Monday, January 11, 2016

Promises Camp 2015


Promises Camp 2015 was amazing, just as what the camp is called. It was all about God's promises. As Zelanie said, what made this camp different was that what God was dropping in our hearts were not just seeds, but they are firm anchors, God's promises that will never fail.

Promises Camp was also amazing because of this spirit of unity among the Hope Uni family. I really felt our hearts to serve one another and seek God together. It was really so amazing when we countdown to worship and praise God as we welcomed the new year together. I also loved how our LG got to spend so much quality and fun time together,we had Sushi Go, devotions and lots of life sharing to each other.


I came to the camp without fasting, and while I set a few objectives, I was excited, not knowing how the camp will be. Through the camp, I did not expect to serve for all the lunch and dinner, from collection to distribution to clearing the rubbish. I enjoyed serving, but fatigue certainly build up. During the Promise of Love session, I was often falling asleep, even during worship. I told God that I do not want to fall asleep, but listen and know His love. Then He reminded me that I had a few chewing gums in my bag. I chewed on it happily, feeling loved and could stay awake for the rest of the session. The testimonies shared were not about material blessings, nor breakthroughs, but really difficulty, valley low moments. Yet, they were so powerful and I teared while Chloe and Tim shared. Indeed, God your love never fails. As I looked back, never once did you leave me, nor forsake me, and you even answered me every single time I was at my low moments. I am loved.

Lol, I just talked about session 3, let's talk about session 1. The Promise of Salvation shared by Pastor Jeff was amazing. If there's one thing, it is to know how bad we were or still are, and how good God really is! Even Paul considered himself the worse of sinners, and pressed on to complete the task and whatever God had for him. Don't tell yourself you are not good enough, it is a fact. I committed a sin today, but God's grace continued to pour over me. I have to repent and move on, and embrace Christ's finished work, God's free gift of salvation. We traffic grace when we truly understand grace.
"Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." -Romans 12:1-2
The Promise of Power is sure. God has given us the Holy Spirit through us repenting, receiving Christ in our lives and baptizing. And to receive the Holy Spirit empowerment, guidance, strength, to know God more, it is really not about me, but all about God. I am weak, I am not righteous, but I am made righteous, I am empowered, I am led, when I surrender. Holy Spirit, thank you for being with me, and for leading me in the past week. I know I sinned today, but I repent, let me fix my gaze on you Jesus, and I want to come into your presence, and go with you in all I do everyday, in the next week, and the rest of the year ahead.

The Promise of a Secure Future. God has already destined us for our inheritance, He calls us His children, His servant, His co-heirs. For my future, does it really matter to know where my job will be, what house or car I'll get, or who I'll marry? Regardless of where I work, if my heart intention is not to fulfill the greatest commandment and the great commission, I am not seeking after God's will. Father Lord, may you lead me on, whichever class, CCA, OCSP, LG, ministry, work I'm in, let my heart be to serve and honor you God.

Even before camp, I felt that God has been calling me to the inner room, and even more strongly then. I came across a sermon that shared almost the same message as "The Call to the Inner Room" sermon. And I really thank God for bringing me into such a moment with Him during the last night of camp. The call to the inner room, it is not a secret physical location, nor is it the length of my prayer.. But it's the tugging at my heart, to answer the call, to come before God every day, every night, to desire to know God, to surrender, to listen, to worship, to commit my worries and desires. I want to commune with you more God. I'm not perfect, there are times that I do not spend quality time, times when I'm caught up with things. But may you be on my heart each day and each moment God.

I've also made some promises to you God. It includes to have a breakthrough, to take the call of the inner room, to take care of my body as your temple, and to be the vessel of your love to all. Let these come to pass as I put another stone down God.

No comments: