Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Mother's Day Weekend



The night before Saturday, I knew that my mum had work so she could not join my grandma and aunt to go for the mandarin service together. When I woke up, it happened that my mum’s work was rescheduled. We headed down to fetch my aunt and grandma, but it turned out that my grandma even slept at 8/9am that day, so she only got a few hours of sleep. We were running late, and my grandma was saying she didn’t want to go because she was tired and she thought the Mother’s Day service is on Sunday. Thank God, we still went, ate at Sultan Kitchen, and head in just as service was beginning.

During the service, Rayson Tan shared about his testimony and how his mum also came to know Christ. My grandma was sleeping throughout most of the sharing. However, as we stood up to worship and respond, I asked her “Ahma, 要不要一起接受耶稣的爱?” She said yes! She said yes!! I was shocked! Me and my mum took her hands and walked to the front, my mum was 感动流泪, and we prayed the sinners’ prayer together.

Later on, I met with my friend Wen Hui who was coming for the 5pm service. When he reached, it was already 5+, and he did know that the service was at 5. He haven’t ate too. I met Wen Hui at the CPA Workshop and we got to chat a lot. I found out that he does a private investment and he has been sharing with me more about it. I would be interested, but then no mullah!

We went to MyTube Cafe, and just got drinks as he’ll go off at 6.30 for dinner. I was surprised that he did not share more about the investment with me, as it was our first face-to-face since the workshop. His mother is a Christian, but he doesn’t know God yet. Still, he was open to listen to my sharing of how God led me to CPA and guided me so far. He even bought a Christian T-shirt for me and I like it! Thank God I also got him a gift that I wanted to give for his birthday, though it was a few weeks back. He joined and listened to the discussions with the mothers and children, and stayed for the service before leaving. I’m glad to know him, and am excited as he is open to join for service again :)

So Sunday morning came, and being a night owl, I was still kinda out. However, as it was Mother’s Day, I went with my mother and my dad for the morning service. It was great to be able to go together, as my dad had also been busy with work even on weekends. I wasn’t sure about giving a gift, so I gave my mum a personal card.

After the service, my mum had to do some things in Hope, so me and my dad left. It was the first time me and my dad took public transport together, and we had a time of bonding that we rarely have. We then went for lunch, and my dad bought me a new sports shoes, and the membership registration at the sports shop also came with a water bottle, I just happened to need one :)

We went to visit my dad’s mother, Ahma Koh. Her health isn’t good, and it has been a while since I visited her. I was glad to be able to spend time and talk with her. Though I did not share about God’s love, it was sufficient just to spend that time with her. She is old and frail, so I do pray that God may open her heart, to turn from the religious idols and things to Christ.

After the visit, I rushed off for a time with the “Hope Bball League” guys. Man, I love the new shoes :D We also had dinner and a LAN session (Finally after sooo long). I got to have a good time catching up with my 1st shepherd, my ex-LGL, and brothers who were from Central with me when I first came to Hope. Thank you for such a great weekend Father :)

No comments: