Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Running The Race

Yes! I ran over 30 mins for the first time in my life tonight :) It’s pretty crazy, my last run was like 3 weeks ago and I only ran about 16 minutes. When I timed, I ran for almost 36 mins in total. I hope that’s 5km xD

As I ran, I decided to run a new route. So I ran a different path in my housing area. As I kept running further, I ended up at a main road with signboards that pointed to Serangoon North, Hougang and even Woodlands! Nothing seemed familiar, but I just continued to run along the main road, ended up among HDBs, and even carparks, but I managed to loop back to my housing area in the end :) It was really refreshing to just run and explore, but yet have this sense that you’ll get back to your house even when you’re venturing on.

When I stopped and started walking, my legs were wobbling quite badly. Thank God they regained posture, as I had a long walk back home. My muscles were cramping up, my knee and my ankle part were painful. I was concerned if it may have been overstressed as I recalled that I failed my NAPFA retake because I overstressed my hamstrings from sprinting. They were damaged for 1 month, and I ended up in BMT Physical Training Phase 10 days after A levels. But well, even if it may be a lil’ overstressed, I still felt the run was so worth it! It was the first time I ran so long and so far! And yes, I can do it again :)

I remembered Paul’s words about running to win a race, “Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.” -1 Corinthians 9:24-27

Even though my legs may be have been overstressed, I “strike a blow” to it so that I can have such a run as I did for the first time tonight. If I want to get the “prize”, I need to make it more routine and also continue to persevere too. Just as I reached my door steps, I saw a small white light streaked pass the night sky. It happened so quickly, and there were clouds too, but I believed it was a shooting star! Wow.. Just as I took out my phone and checked Facebook, Evangelist Daniel Kolenda posted “A person who is running to win has made a choice to lay everything else down for the sake of the prize.” Man this is really cool!!

This reminded me that this life on Earth is a race. It can be like a marathon, we may even be lost in some new route, our bodies may be battered, but yet it is temporal, even like that shooting star. May my life on Earth not just pass by, but be a beautiful light that streaks pass in the night sky.

I am also reminded that though I’m faced with uncertainties, issues and transitions now, I must not run aimlessly but keep my eyes on Christ, seeking His Kingdom first and the prize that is ahead. One uncertainty would be CPA. God is leading me, yet there are often ethical lines to be concerned about. And I can spend $70 daily but get nothing for consecutive days. I’ve spent about 2.1k and got about $850. Last week, I was really at a point where I did not know if I should continue CPA. I asked God, if it’s something you want me to continue, let me get some conversions/results, even up to $100, or even $200 when I wake up the next day. After praying, I was about to sleep and I refreshed my CPA page. To my amazement, I got exactly $200, which was what I prayed! God, you win lol! I’m continuing CPA, but I barely have funds anymore. So I’m looking for tuition requests and possibly part-time jobs too. Ethical issues in CPA biz is still a concern as there are many grey lines, and it makes me think about how Biz will be like as I go to SMU and then work. Mission trip is in about 10 days, and there’s still much prep and planning to do, there’s also Hope Sem assignments and readings, FTT in June and I barely started studying, I'm also helping in my mum’s biz etc.

However, these uncertainties, issues and transitions are things that I do not go through alone. God knows them and he cares for me. In Matthew 6:32-33, it says “For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”

It is such a comfort, that though I know not what the future holds, I know who holds it. Furthermore, this life on Earth is like a race. No matter how many twists and turns there are or how tiring it is, let us press on, for we will be reunited with Christ and with our Heavenly Father. So, let it be said again “Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.”


No comments: