Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2015

The Inner Room

Today was filled with amazement. I only slept for 4 hours during SMU orientation camp, and then slept 11h today. I woke up feeling like I had a hangover, and my body still felt weak and is still trembling (Even now), since last night.

Thankfully my mum bought me lunch just when I woke up. I ate it and decided to watch a sermon too. “The Call to The Inner Room - Banning Liescher”. It was the first time I listened to this guy. But man, he spoke with such humor, such truth and such love. As I listened, I became so in awe. He was speaking a Word that resonated so deeply with me. It was The Word that concludes the experiences I’ve been through in the past 8 months after ORD-ing. And it was also The Word for the rest of this year and the future ahead.

God is Life, we are part of this Life too. God does not simply moves through events, objects or places. No, He moves through men, for we are alive and we receive and give His love. Many are called, but few are chosen. Why? Because many did not respond. How can we respond? By going to the inner room of prayer. God watches over our lives and He loves to be found (Just as a father would want to be found by his child in Hide-and-seek). He yearns to speak to us and be with us, so we simply have to come to him personally. Ask-Seek-Knock, and the door will open unto you. I’ve started spending more time in personal prayer, and it gave me such peace of mind, love, excitement and security in being myself and in doing things that I do. Because the more I do so, the more I know God is with me, He loves me, He loves all people, and He will be with me to the very end of the age as I also love others.


It’s really cool that Prayer Meet was in the evening, so we can come to pray together just after I listened to a sermon about prayer. The prayer meet was the most ministering one ever, it was not one where we had to pray a lot for others, but we simply received God’s love personally through the time. God spoke to me a few words of knowledge that He wanted me to share with some in my LG, and our LG also prayed for each others, and those who were not around. God is such a personal God, and He will continue to move in Singapore as we continue to commune with Him in His love for us and the nation. SG50, the year of Jubilee, may you show your favor upon us just as you do to the Israelites, whenever they turn to you in earnest prayer.

No comments: