Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

To You, LORD, I Cry



I was broke. I had 30 cents left earlier last week, but I gave it away. There was so little in my ATM that I do not know if I can even draw $10. Last Wednesday night, as I was praying to God for financial providence and guidance in work (in CPA Internet biz, my mum’s Star Ark biz, finding tuition jobs etc). I felt prompted to go a step further to ask God for providence for tomorrow, and even for a sum of cash (for $200). In my mind I was thinking that it may come from CPA somehow by next morning (cuz though I’m not spending much on it at the moment, I’m not really getting revenue from it either).

The next morning, I was doing my devotions from Charles Spurgeon, and he talks about the Psalmist who doesn’t just present his request or be contented with the calming of mind and subduing of will from prayer. The psalmist cried out to God to not turn a deaf ear, or he’ll be like those going down the pit. It reminded me that yesterday I was prompted to take my prayer further by asking God for some providence the next day, and I had in mind $200.

I checked my CPA and got $0, which is the norm. However I remembered that before leaving house, my dad gave me some money for my expenses recorded in my expenses log. My expenses (piano tuition fee, passport renewal etc) were at least a few hundreds and I didn’t know when my dad will give me money for my expenses. My dad gave me today and only gave some of it first. But it is already enough for now as I already had no money then, and needed daily bread. Then on the train as I read this devotion, it reminded me of praying earnestly and interceding till God moves, and how I decided to pray for a sum of $200 today. And it was exactly $200 that I got from my dad today!

This is kind of freaky, and yes I still need further providence in my family in the days ahead and further guidance for my work and my mum’s biz. But I’m encouraged to continue to commit and pray about these to God daily, and even be bold to ask further or anoint my family or the work we do etc in faith, and also continue to pray for places, things and people as God prompts me. He really is above all things, in all things and He hears us personally as we commit things to Him and even anoint them in His name.

He is a Good, Good Father. Are there things you want to do for God, but you feel weary? Are you burdened by a concern, lacking in a providence, worried about a future, caring for a person? ASK(Ask, Seek & Knock) says Jesus. Which Father, if their child asks for bread, will give a stone? How much more will our Heavenly Father hears us and give us good gifts, including the Holy Spirit? So let us commit our cares, needs, dreams, concerns to God daily

No comments: