Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

One Conference


It’s really exciting that me and my brother started seeing more on how God is the One above all, and yet everything points to the One. And when we started discussing it a few days before Conference, it was then that my brother realized that the Conference he is going with us is called “One Conference”. It is also amazing that by God’s grace, during the first day of Conference, my dad decided to join us and my whole family went to Conference as one family.

I really received a lot during the Conference, even while serving. The 2 main overarching things is that God is the One in all things, and that means he does not just redeems us personally, neither just inter-personally, but he is here to redeem the world and the marketplace too. The other main thing is that because he is the One, we need to continue to acknowledge Him and develop a deeper intimacy and surrender unto Him, so that we can receive His streams of living waters that will overflow unto others. As I reflected on them, God gave me a picture of a Cross today. The vertical is to love God, the horizontal is to love people. The vertical line and the horizontal line comes together as a Cross. As we do both of them, we are carrying our cross, and drawing people to Christ.

I remember that during the Day 2 morning session, I did not expect to receive much. I woke up really early without much rest, I was serving, the worship was long, and I knew that Ed Silvoso will be sharing about transforming the Marketplace again. However, when Ed Silvoso started sharing, and shared about how we are anointed as God’s priests, and how we are ministers at wherever we’re placed, and the parallels in the gospel of Luke. My spirit started to stir violently and I was like “Yes!! God is in all things, and we are His chosen priesthood to minister through Him. And He has given us the keys to his Kingdom as we minister on Earth”. When it was time to respond during altar call, I started to cry really badly and I couldn’t stop, and I was supposed to be the usher that gave tissues to people who were crying. But I just felt overwhelmed by how amazing God is, and so blessed by His grace and His finished work, that we can live our lives with Him in all that we do.

It was also amazing that after Conference, I read my devotions from Charles Spurgeon’s Morning & Evening, and saw that the devotions on the 27th (Day 1 of Conference) was sharing exactly about what was shared during Conference by Ed Silvoso and Ron Luce. These are the devotions:


 This speaks of what Ron shared about not conforming, dreaming with God and following Him


The very next devotion speaks of being at where we are (marketplace, home, school) and exalting God there as Ed Silvoso shared

There were many other things that I’ve received during the Conference, and I couldn’t help but cried again during session 6, as I watched the video of teens giving their lives to follow Jesus, as that is my heart’s cry too. Some of the application points that I’m putting to practice are these. I do not want to look in the mirror and walk away, I don’t want to go back to the “pull” of the ordinary.

1. Knowing that I’m a priest to minister at wherever I’m placed, let me do them as unto God, by praying over them, over the place and the people.

2. Pray over at least 3 things/ppl daily.

3. Remember not to condemn ppl for sins, but always seek to fellowship & bless, and bring the life of Christ to both believers & non-believers alike.

4. (Temporary app? It’s the principle behind) Continue fasting from games, and continue wearing “One God, One Life” wristband as reminder.

5. Not just pray throughout the day, but have at least 5 minutes of alone praying time with God that is aside from journalling, that I may draw close to Christ, to abba Father and to the Holy Spirit.

6. To seek to fellowship with at least one friend or family member who is far from God every week.

7. To seek to talk to or bless a stranger friend every week

8. Take initiatives or actions to help my mum in her work, to love my family, and to respond to my leaders. To not be rude & disrespecting to my parents, but seek to always respect & honor them.


One God, One Life. Let us live for the audience of One

No comments: