Pages

Monday, June 22, 2015

Log Horizon 2 Episode 10


Man… I cried really really hard. I didn’t expect myself to cry in this show.

This show is about how gamers of ElderTale are suddenly stuck and have to live in the game all of a sudden. Even though the show is about being stuck in a game world, it does not focus on action, but it deals a lot with relationship issues, concerns that are real in the world today, and questions people always ask in their life. In the episode the guys just went through an insurmountable quest and were defeated. They were really discouraged and thought about just living normal peaceful lives in this alternative world.

However, Williams in the show gave a powerful speech through the episode that made me really thought back to my past. It made me remember about how I was addicted to online games, being the guild master and having many friends there, it made me remember about how I felt outcast-ed and disengaged with life. And it also made me remember how I still felt hurt/misunderstood even as I knew Jesus and started living my life even more fully.

What William shared was that the game taught him so many things, to find a family there, to really work together and understand people, to have a common goal together, and in the past that was the way it was for me. Now, I’m finding my family, my goal, my struggles and passions and all together in this family-in-Christ. William shared that if they gave up on the quests and start to live their own normal lives in this game world that they are stuck in, what is left for them? Even though they don’t know if they can win, it is better to continue to chase after their passion, to continue to run the race together as a family, than to give it all up.

We have a much greater hope, that in Christ, even if we may face great persecutions, we may have much troubles, we may not see the fruits we expect, we may face loses, but our hope in salvation is firm, His love is true, we are One family and we seek the One, and His Kingdom will come.

I watched while I was eating my Mee goreng, I started to feel touched halfway but still kept eating, until it came to a point that tears started welling up while I was chewing. Then I started crying like a baby. But I’m just so thankful to God that whatever the circumstances it is now, whatever hurts it is now, whatever things we have now, all these do not matter as much as knowing that I am loved in His family, loving Him and this family, and seeking Him, His Kingdom and His Righteousness first always.

Even if you never watched the show before, you can check out the speech in this episode as it does not really spoil or kill the enjoyment of watching the show if you decide to pick it up.

No comments: