Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Golden Time

Thank God! After seeing the doctor yesterday, he told me that my nose is healing quickly. Though it's still swollen. I no longer have to wear the nose cast/bandage 24/7 and I can start going out soon :)

My nose looks significantly different from before, at least to me. Hope it doesn't come as a big surprise to u when u see me haha

I finished this anime called Golden Time recently. It's the best romance anime after Toradora! The main character, Banri, lost all his memories at the end of high school. But he chose to start anew, entering Uni and then fell in love with Koko. Things got complicated when his identity and memories start to jumble up. But in the end he did not lost himself; he and Koko stayed together through it all.

"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins." 
-1 Peter 4:8

I did not exactly spent my time that well yesterday and the half day today. But other than being infatuated with this anime, I also took time delighting in God's presence and Word; infatuated in his love too. Therefore, though I wasn't "productive". I felt like it's just enough to be at peace in God and seek him. Worship can be an end to itself, meaning that we don't need to receive a revelation or anything from it, but just delight in his presence. Everyday, I want to spend Golden Time with God :)

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away."
-1  Corinthians 13:4-8








Funny Scenes


Just want to end this post off with this quote by C.S Lewis:

"If there lurks in most modern minds the notion that to desire our own good and earnestly to hope for the enjoyment of it is a bad thing, I submit that this notion has crept in from Kant and the Stoics and is no part of the Christian faith. Indeed, if we consider the unblushing promises of reward and the staggering nature of the rewards promised in the Gospels, it would seem that our Lord finds our desires, not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased."

No comments: