Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Vivid Dream



Ok so I had this vivid dream last night. I rarely dream, and usually I can't recollect my dreams.

It started off with traveling home with my sheep, and we discussed to watch Son of God movie together this Easter. (I only just asked him and then my LG yesterday)

After which, when I got off my bus. I saw this girl, who in the context of the dream, I have seen walking around my neighborhood several times. She appeared to be somebody who only moved in recently. And for some reason, in my dream I felt that she had been looking for someone, someone like a partner. She was walking about the neighborhood again looking, but nobody else was around in the neighborhood again.

This time round, I felt really compelled to talk to her. So we talked, and I found out that she is a Christian too. And that she was from the Hope Church Community. We met again, in Church, and she was wearing a Hope Tokyo shirt (though I haven't seen one before and it's Hope Tokyo's Anniversary yesterday). She looks like Rosa from Pokemon. (Maybe I've played too much Pokemon, but not recently)


And on her shirt, there was the word "Isaiah", and a verse about Zion written on it. I recollected the verse to be from chapter 35/60. (Although I knew not the context of those chapters, I was prompted to check chapter 35 out. And the chapter was about the restoration of Zion, the joy of the redeemed. In our context, it would be the salvation we receive through Christ, and how Christ is unifying and redeeming his Church/Bride back to him. Chapter 60 was about the glory of Zion, but that is not as prominent to our context today)


I got to know the girl better, and that she lived in US, she got Hope Tokyo shirt though connections, and she was only just settling down in Singapore. We later decided to watch Son of God together. Before we watch the movie, she asked me not to invite others to watch as a group. I consented saying that it was Easter and we watch with our focus on Jesus, but that next time we need to avoid such meet ups as we are not dating. We should know each other more and spur each other on in our journey with Christ in Hope first.

-------

Ok.. So I don't really know if this dream holds significance. But the part about the restoration of Zion through Isaiah's vision is comforting, as it reminds me of Christ's restoration work in us and that he is coming to redeem us as his bride. Maybe I dreamed about a girl and getting to know her because I only just watched Golden Time anime. But the dream really was vivid, interactive and real.
 

One of the last times I had such a vivid dream was 2 weeks before Hope Conference 2012. I envisioned myself being in a Church with pews(benches), and I was sitting with my parents(Although at that point they weren't really going to Church anymore). We were worshiping, then a huge white blanket(Representing the Holy Spirit) appeared above us and enveloped me. I woke up crying really badly after that.

When conference came, my mum offered to drive me there. On the way, I believe God moved in her heart. She decided to sign up part time for the Conference all of a sudden, even though it was troublesome and expensive. I totally did not expect that. During the opening ceremony, when we watched and worshiped God's glory and works, I do not know why, but I suddenly started crying badly and I could not hold myself back even though my mum was beside me. It was the first time I cried during worship.

The following day of Conference, there was a morning service opened to all visitors. My dad decided to come along for it. So my parents were there. And through the conference, I realize that the a recurring theme was the Holy Spirit, and for us to yield to the Holy Spirit in our lives.

After the conference, I realized the extend of how the events during Conference were a fulfillment of the dream 2 weeks before. I was really touched and amazed by God. It was also around that period that my walk with God really blossom and I started to yield to God more, to know Jesus much more, experience him, baptized as Isaiah, and live for his glory.


Well, if I do not know what to really make out of my dream yesterday, you won't either. I'll just share it because of how vivid and real it was

No comments: