Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Giving



I'm full of gratitude for today's worship at service. It was just refreshing and joyous. To simply be in awe and to give thanks to God, to simply draw close to him and dance in his presence. It really felt like streams of living waters, when I gaze upon his beauty and remember his heart and how dearly he loves me.

I am thankful for today's service message. It just felt refreshing to me, to know that God is always looking at me and at my heart. And that it is not about getting "achievements" or being "sacrificial" or doing "amazing and big things" that matters. But it is simply my devotion to God; where my heart is there my treasures are too.

My heart had been feeling heavy at times. I feel like I'm not really understood or appreciated at times, by my family, my colleagues, my LG, my friends. Yet, God comforted me that I matter and that the things I do matter to him. Even if people do not see it, God touches their heart through it in ways I do and do not know. I am reminded of Jesus, who loved us and everyone he met so dearly, and even died for all, when people ridiculed, blasphemed, hated and persecuted him. 

I am also grateful for the verse Hebrews 12:2 that was shared during service too. "fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." as it resonated with my heart, that his joy was to love us and save us, and I want to set my joy in channeling God's love to people, in people coming to know God, and in looking forward to eternity with Him and his people.

I am the one who do not see fully how much God loves me and is working for my good and future. So I want to find greater joy in giving, in loving, in delighting in his presence and Word, in obeying him; even when people do not know or appreciate it. For his love is already overflowing for me; forgiving all my wrongs and out giving whatever I can give (Definitely as all things come from him). And it is his Kingdom, his righteousness and his heart that matters.

I'm really thankful to Jesus as I started listening to this song with simple lyrics a few days ago. May we be ever thankful to God, we who so often focus on our needs and problems when God gave and is giving to us.





 The Saviour alone
 Carried the cross
 For all of my debts
 He paid the cost
 Salvation complete
 Forever I'm free
 Calvary covers it all

1 comment:

Arielle said...

thanks for sharing so openly, Joel! please keep the sharing coming :) indeed, the things we do and the heart posture we take when we do things matter to Him so much! glad He reassured you of His love today!