Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

That Mother Son Day, I meant Sunday

Sunday was Mother's day, and I invited my mum to go for my Church's Mother's Day Service. Was really looking forward to the quality time spent with my mum. But I ended up sleeping in, and my mum said that she tried to wake me up over and over, but I just didn't get up.


^Is that me sleeping in?

----------

Ok, right. I also went to met up with my first sheep, Alvin, for lunch on Sunday. He used to come to Hope, but stop after he left to HK to study. He is back for NS but is often caught up with weekend duties, trainings and recently NDP rehearsals. However, I thank God for this opportunity to catch up when he asked if we wanted to meet. NS is especially like a prison to him for he had to come all the way from HK to serve in NS and there are few people he know here. Although he is often busy with NS, he may come for service/LG again soon :) We ate at Nihon Mura because the sushi there is cheap, fresh and I just can't get enough of the Aburi Salmon Sushi! All who went there agreed it's great, and I even went there again for dinner today LOL!


The salmon is briefly scotched with fire to produce this special taste. And when u bite it, it melts and burst forth the flavor in your mouth. If u want cheap Aburi Salmon Sushi, get 2 for $1.50 at Cathay Nihon Mura. The restaurant should pay me a small fee for this advertising haha.

----------

 I got my mother a mug and a perfume diffuser with an additional pink flower in it. The mug has the words "Thank You Mum" on it. So I planned to serve my mum water with the mug when she is home. When she came home, I served her water. She looked at the cup and then said no thanks I'm not thirsty.


For a moment I just stunned there. Then I just carried on to pour the water away, and went to get the perfume diffuser to give to her. I decided to still pass the empty mug along with the perfume diffuser. When she got it she was surprised, and then she realized that the mug was a gift for her too. She did not notice the words on the cup previously haha.


I'm just thankful for such an awesome and loving mum. Who chooses to send me to work each morning whenever she can, just to spend that bit more time with me, who often buys and cooks good food for me, loves me in many tangible ways and even provide for me beyond her means. She isn't earning yet as her business is still under development and investment. Yet she still provides for me as best as she could. She is really sacrificial and serving, which is in line with the way Jesus loves us.

I'm a stubborn son who is often impatient to her, but she showers me with love everyday. I'm really a tsundere when it comes to my relationship with her. I'm often concern of her well-being and am always grateful for everything she did, but I often act like a tsundere and not truly express my gratitude and love back to her. I want to honor her more, be more patient and love her more genuinely like how Jesus would love us, and continue to support her in her StarArk business.

No comments: