Pages

Monday, March 30, 2015

Devotions & Revelations


Jesus said, “Feed my sheep. Very truly I tell you, when you were younger you dressed yourself and went where you wanted; but when you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go.” Jesus said this to indicate the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God. Then he said to him, “Follow me!”
Peter turned and saw that the disciple whom Jesus loved was following them. (This was the one who had leaned back against Jesus at the supper and had said, “Lord, who is going to betray you?”) When Peter saw him(John, I added it for identification), he asked, “Lord, what about him?”
Jesus answered, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me.”
-John 21:17b-22

This is the last chapter of John! And I'm really in awed and am excited when I realized that this was my devotion on Monday during LKY passing.

Jesus died and rose again to bring the world to Him. In these verses, He told Peter of his death which will glorify Him. No matter Peter or John, in God's sovereign will, He is working for His glory! And in the next few days, I've been reading Acts, following the unity of the early Church, the move of the Holy Spirit and the Church.

And in these few days, we see the unity of the Singaporeans for LKY and the nation, we see other countries paying respect. We see us and other Churches gathering together to pray, to sense the stirring of the Holy Spirit, the Year of the Lord's Favor on us and the nation!

God says He will raise up His people in His time, and when He does, He will do it swiftly! And The Time Is Now! Let's steward it and pass it on :) So excited

No comments: